Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it’s by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
Kettering Health Main Campus
- Kettering Health Main Campus, formerly Kettering Medical Center, is the flagship hospital of Kettering Health and has been serving Kettering, Ohio and the Greater Dayton area since 1964.
- The facility includes the Benjamin and Marian Schuster Heart Hospital, maternity service with a level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), and level II Emergency Care.
- In 2020, KH Main Campus received an “A” from the Leapfrog Group, a national patient safety watchdog, ranking among the safest hospitals in the United States.
- Received 4 Star Baby-Friendly Hospital status by the Ohio Hospital Association.
- Awarded as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by IBM Watson Health in 2020.
- Kettering received the Outstanding Patient Experience Award by Healthgrades (2017-2019).
- Accredited by the American College of Emergency Physicians as a Level 3 Geriatric Emergency Department.
- 465-bed hospital (includes newborn beds)
Responsibilities & Requirements
**Possible Incentives for external RNs
Up to $15,000 Sign-on Bonus based on experience
Relocation Bonus available (amount may vary dependent on the distance of the move)
Returning employees must not have been employed by Kettering Health for the last 6 months prior to rehire
Commitment for Two 12 hour shifts / days (Saturday and Sunday)
Premium Pay Rate for Every Weekend Commitment
May pick up shifts during the week if so desired
- The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care to patients in all settings in collaboration with other health care providers.
- The RN is accountable for his/her own professional development and practice within the scope of care defined by law.
- Utilizing organizational resources the RN acts as a patient advocate for the delivery of safe care including delegation of care and participation in performance and practice improvement activities.
- The delivery of nursing care within the Kettering Health Network reflects the missions, vision, values and philosophies, of the organization and nursing departments.
- Must be available to work 2 shifts (12 hour shifts) every weekend.
- Full-time medical benefits eligible position, with Paid Time Off accrual.
Applicants Must Have:
- Licensed in the state of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
- At least 12 months of RN experience in an acute care setting
- Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred (must be completed within 5 years of hire).
- A nurse who is returning to the acute care setting after five or more years may be required to provide evidence of successful completion of a refresher course
- BLS certification
- ACLS, NRP, PALS as determined by unit scope of practice