Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it’s by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
Kettering Health Main Campus
- Kettering Health Main Campus, formerly Kettering Medical Center, is the flagship hospital of Kettering Health and has been serving Kettering, Ohio and the Greater Dayton area since 1964.
- The facility includes the Benjamin and Marian Schuster Heart Hospital, maternity service with a level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), and level II Emergency Care.
- In 2020, KH Main Campus received an “A” from the Leapfrog Group, a national patient safety watchdog, ranking among the safest hospitals in the United States.
- Received 4 Star Baby-Friendly Hospital status by the Ohio Hospital Association.
- Awarded as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by IBM Watson Health in 2020.
- Kettering received the Outstanding Patient Experience Award by Healthgrades (2017-2019).
- Accredited by the American College of Emergency Physicians as a Level 3 Geriatric Emergency Department.
- 465-bed hospital (includes newborn beds)
Responsibilities & Requirements
**Possible Incentives for external applicants:
Up to $15,000 Sign-on Bonus based on experience
Relocation Bonus available (amount may vary dependent on the distance of the move)
Returning employees must not have been employed by Kettering Health for the last 6 months prior to rehire
As our new Operating Room Nurse, based in beautiful Kettering Ohio, your mission is to embrace best-in-class nursing processes to provide excellence in nursing care to your patients in all settings and in collaboration with other health care providers. Further responsibilities include:
- Accountability for your professional development and practice within the scope of care defined by law
- Utilizing organizational resources you will act as a patient advocate for the delivery of safe care including delegation of care and participation in performance and practice improvement activities
- Deliver nursing care that reflects the mission, vision, values and philosophies, of the organization, nursing departments and Kettering Health Network as whole
Skills, Knowledge, Experience You Offer:
- Licensed in the state of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of two years current experience as a RN Operating Nurse
- BLS certification
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred (must be completed within 5 years of hire)
- Preferred certifications but not required: PALS and NRP
- Scrub and Circulating experience highly desirable!
Join the operating room team at Kettering Medical Center and experience the rewards, job satisfaction and prestige of working with the “best of the best!”