Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it’s by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
Soin Medical Center Overview
- Soin Medical Center has been serving residents of Greene, Western Clark, Eastern Montgomery, and Miami counties since 2012.
- Conveniently located off I-675 in Beavercreek.
- Provides a variety of health care services and is home to 4 Centers of Excellence as designated by the Surgical Review Corporation including hernia, minimally invasive and robotic surgery
- We have 7 Operating Rooms, 20 Pre/postop rooms, 17 PACU bays. We perform approximately 5500 surgeries per year across multiple specialties including but not limited
to: general surgery, orthopedics, urology, GYN, spine, and plastic surgery
- Soin is currently licensed for 125 beds which will increase after the expansion completion in the Fall of this year. There are 142 now (we added 17 new ICU beds with the expansion. This total excludes both adult and neonatal beds in OB In 2020
- Soin received an “A” from the Leapfrog Group, a national patient safety watchdog, ranking among the safest hospitals in the United States
- Accredited by the American College of Emergency Physicians as a Level 3 Geriatric Emergency Department.
- We partner with local farms in Greene County to provide fresh produce to employees, patients, and their families
- Received 4 Star Baby-Friendly Hospital status by the Ohio Hospital Association.
- Soin received several awards from Healthgrades:
- Patient Safety Excellence Award (2017-2019)
- Outstanding Patient Experience Award (2017-2019)
Responsibilities & Requirements
**Possible Incentives for external RNs
Up to $30,000 Sign-on Bonus based on experience
Relocation Bonus available (amount may vary dependent on the distance of the move)
Returning employees must not have been employed by Kettering Health for the last 6 months prior to rehire
- The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care to patients in all settings in collaboration with other health care providers.
- The RN is accountable for his/her own professional development and practice within the scope of care defined by law.
- Utilizing organizational resources, the RN acts as a patient advocate for the delivery of safe care including delegation of care and participation in performance and practice improvement activities.
- The delivery of nursing care within the Kettering Health Network reflects the missions, vision, values, and philosophies, of the organization and nursing departments
Applicants Must Have:
- Licensed in the state of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (NLN, ACEN, or CCNE) if they are a new graduate nurse.
- Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred (must be completed within 5 years of hire).
- A nurse who is returning to the acute care setting after five or more years may be required to provide evidence of successful completion of a refresher course.
- BLS certification
- ACLS, NRP, PALS as determined by unit scope of practice